The United Network for Organ Sharing (UNOS) is the private, non-profit organization that manages the nation's organ transplant system under contract with the federal government.
UNOS is involved in many aspects of the organ transplant and donation process including managing the national transplant waiting list; matching donors to recipients 24 hours a day, 365 days a year; and maintaining the database that contains all organ transplant data for every transplant event that occurs in the U.S.
UNOS is also actively involved in assisting patients and family members and educating the public about the importance of organ donation. More information is available at http://www.unos.org
Did you know?
Your tax-deductible gift will help UNOS in its ongoing mission to:
- maximize the number of individuals who benefit from organ transplants
- reduce waiting times and waiting list fatalities
- improve transplant outcomes and enhance quality of life among recipients
- provide impartial data and resources to patients and their families
- support outcomes-based clinical practice and research
- increase organ donation through education and awareness
10% of all charitable donations go to support administrative costs associated with fundraising.
Learn about more ways to GIVE here!
Another way to participate is by attending An Evening with Ronnie Spector & Friends on October, 1st, 2011 - a very special night of entertainment, with proceeds going to benefit the United Network of Organ Sharing (UNOS). Ronnie and her band will perform along with special guests John Cafferty & The Beaver Brown Band, The Uptown Horns, Michael Carabello (Rock & Roll Hall of Fame Inductee with Santana) and Dennis Diken (The Smithereens), Christine Ohlman (SNL), and Tré Williams plus many others. More on this event here...